This is an amazing trip with stunning views and so many contrasts during the day. In the morning we travel along the coast with rocky cliffs and follow the Great Ocean Road where it has been carved out of the edges of the Otway Ranges. No wonder it is regarded as one of the world’s most scenic coastal drives.
In complete contrast, after lunch we head away from the coast and travel into the Otway Ranges through rolling hills, a temperate rainforest, forested areas and dairy farming countryside.
And later, another contrast – The Twelve Apostles themselves. Awesome! What more can we say? Come and see them for yourself.
We do not just drive past many of the views, we stop at most of them for you to take great photos.
There is so much we do in the day that it is impossible to cover it all in words. We have the tour highlights listed below – just follow the red ticks.
Great Ocean Road Tour Highlights
- Take in the view of Melbourne and Port Phillip Bay while crossing the Westgate Bridge
- Pass through Geelong, Victoria’s second largest city
- Stop for morning Aussie Bush Billy Tea with Vegemite, Crackers and traditional Lamington Cakes
- Visit Bells Beach, famous for its international surfing competition and its feature in the movie, Point Break
- Visit the Split Point Lighthouse and take in the fantastic coastal views
- Great photo opportunities at the Memorial Arch
- Travel along the Great Ocean Road and see some of the most impressive coastal scenery in Australia.
- The road features the contrast between ocean beaches on one side and mountains and forests on the other
- Count how many Koalas you can see at Kennet River
- Also hand feed the colourful local birds
- Enjoy a delicious big lunch in a restarauntat the seaside resort of Apollo Bay (choice of nine main courses) including complimentary cool drinks followed by tea or coffee
- Find Paradise – visit Maits Rest. Walk under a canopy of ancient Myrtle Beech, towering Mountain Ash and Blackwood trees as well as treeferns and mosses making up this dense temperate rainforest
- Best introduction to the Twelve Apostles – go down the Gibson Steps onto the beach and get a close-up view
of two apostles
- Be dwarfed by the sheer height of the cliffs at the Gibson Steps
- Marvel at the dramatic and imposing limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles
- Explore Loch Ard Gorge and hear about its tragic shipwreck history
- Descend the stairs to the beach and look into the cave below (where the survivors took refuge)
- View the remains of London Bridge, Island Arch and the Razorback
- Have a tasty evening meal (including tea/coffee/hot chocolate/cool drink) in a restaurant at quaint Port Campbell village before returning to Melbourne
Compare these features . . .
See checklist attached
- Our price includes – morning tea, gourmet lunch and complimentary cool drinks, tea/coffee, evening meal, all entry fees and government charges. There are no hidden extras to pay for.
- Small groups – a maximum of 11 people
- A relaxed no rush tour with friendly personal service
- Go to places only our small bus can get to
- More stops than other tours
- FREE disposable emergency “poncho” raincoats for bad weather
- FREE chilled bottled spring water
- FREE hotel pick-up and drop off
- Air-conditioned / heated small luxury buses
- $AUD 130 – includes government charges, morning tea, lunch, evening meal, all entry fees, free hotel pickup and drop off.
- $AUD 105 – includes everything in Option 1 but excludes lunch and evening meal.
No hidden extra costs to pay!
Ride – Optional extra. Enquire about choice of flights.
Enquire about our Discounts
Departure and Return Times
- Departs city at approx. 7:45AM
- Returns at approx. 9:00PM
Go back to Day Tours Page